Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving in review....and 17 weeks Baby Says

There have been a lot of those 30 days of gratitude posts on Facebook. While I think its a good idea to be thankful for 30 things (hopefully even more than that), I never really got into the idea about posting them every day. Instead, in a more private contained setting here they are:

My husband... there is no one else that I would have wanted to take this journey of life with. Its been a trying few years but its made us that much stronger of a couple.

My friends and family.... especially those who were by our side the last few years that were so tough on Jim and I. Its amazing what a simple text asking how you are can brighten a bad day so fast.

Dr. Morris and the staff of IVF1 in Naperville... when all other doctors told me it was pointless to keep trying to have a biological child, Dr. Morris agreed to give me another shot. Without his knowledge and experience in the field of infertility, our son would not be.

Our struggle with Infertility....I know that sounds strange because who would ever be thankful for that? I'll tell you why. Through this struggle I've learned to appreciate what I DO have much more and not take things for granted. In addition, I've met a whole lot of really amazing ladies on this journey and I'd never have been able to do so without this in common.

For those things and many many more that I don't have time to write about, am I thankful this year.

So before "Baby Says" just a quick recap of our week. Not too much going on, been having some back aching and sometimes I don't realize I need to take it easy a lot sooner than normal. Friday after Thanksgiving I decorated the tree and put up the Xmas decorations in the house. Saturday I met with some friends for breakfast and then went shopping at "Once Upon A Child"( just looking , didn't buy). Saturday night I went to a friends house for a Game Night and when I woke up this morning, my back was seriously yelling at me. Its PO'ed let me tell you.... Jim said I looked like Quasimodo this morning LOL. Other than that things are good and we have our 3rd OB appointment on Tuesday. Next weekend we will be on our babymoon cruise so although I'll be taking pictures there wont be a blog entry next Sunday...maybe not the following Sunday either since we get back late.

Ok, well now onto "Baby Says" for this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment