Sunday, November 17, 2013

15 weeks Baby Says AND baby is a.....

 
 
Today was my highly anticipated day, the early gender scan. It started off ok....brunch with Jim and my MIL then went to Target to shop for some onesies to surprise Jim with when I found out. While I was driving to Target, the weather started getting kinda shady looking but it happens sometimes so I decided to go shop anyways.  While I was in Target, I overheard the employees rehearsing their emergency drill including the message over the loud speaker asking customers to head to the back of the store.....ummmm, that isn't very good to hear. I hurried up and bought my stuff and as I was nearly home I heard on the radio a tornado touched down outside Joliet and was headed our way. No sooner than I got in the door than the tornado sirens started going off, so Jim, Chesney and I headed to the basement!! I'm thinking to myself, "Of all days for this to happen this child is going to make it difficult for me to get to see him today. Must be a boy".
 
Then things calmed down, thankfully the tornado that was on the ground in the town next to us shifted paths and went the other way. The sun came out and my MIL came over for a little bit before picking up my SIL who lives close to us. All of a sudden, I started getting spots like a migraine. I thought, seriously this kid doesn't want to be seen today...must be a boy.
 
Eventually after a little coffee, the spots went away and I felt decent enough so I headed to the Peek A Belly place. It was soooo cool!!! They had a really nice spa like room and two big screen TVs on the walls to see the ultrasound. As soon as she put the wand on my belly she says, "This baby is all scrunched up....try going to the bathroom. If your bladder is smaller baby has more room to stretch out." Well, I did that and when I came back, baby was still in the same spot. Wiggling and jumping all around but legs crunched. The tech jiggled my belly a little bit and we both laughed, as I said again, "This has to be a boy"....all of a sudden baby finally moved and ....its a boy!!!!  LOL....she took a 3D pic of him and he looks MAD!!!!  Like, why are you making me move lady? I was comfy !!! Too funny!!!  Here are some shots we got today including the mad picture.


So when you leave there they give you a balloon and a gift bag with some formula samples and a magazine to read about baby's development. I took that bag and emptied it....filled it with blue stuffing I got at Target and the onesie that said "Daddy's #1 Draft pic" and headed out to meet Jim while he was at work. I hid the balloon with my coat so when I met up with him I made him turn around while I got it out of the car and then, "Surprise!!!!!" He was so happy, and of course so am I!!!!  I'm so in love even more so now and cant even wait to see how much I love him when he gets here!!! This is so exciting!!!

1 comment: