Wednesday, November 6, 2013

2nd OB appointment!

Monday was our 2nd OB appointment already, time is flying!!!

We were brought back right away and the moment of truth came fast....dun dun dun....the scale. I was worried because of Halloween and the candy I'd been eating but I've only gained 2lbs since my last appointment 4 weeks ago. Not bad!!

We were then taken back to our exam room where the nurse took my vitals. So far everything is normal....BP, pulse and temp all look good! She had me lie back and got the Doppler out to listen to the heartbeat. She did warn us that it might take her a few minutes since I'm not really that far along yet, however it only took her a few seconds and there was that little horse clip clopping sound that I've recognized from Google videos :)   Baby's heartrate is 152 which is perfect for where baby is at!

After that the OB came in, which was a different one from last month. This guy was really awesome too, I love this practice! He reviewed my bloodwork and urine culture results from last month and everything was normal there as well, he said that was "Awesome". I tend to agree! That was the end of the appointment, I kind of like this whole being a normal pregnant lady thing!

We made our next appointment for early December before we leave on our cruise....then when I come back from the cruise we'll have our official 20 week anatomy scan. Speaking of anatomy...

My friend's Dad is a gender predictor and he said boy for me. More I think of it, most Old Wives Tales point to boy.....Chinese charts say boy, I'm craving salty foods, I'm not sick, I didn't have any acne or oily skin. Plus my Mom when pregnant with me was really sick and her and I are pretty similar when it comes to health issues so everything is pointing to boy. I was so intrigued when my friend's Dad said boy too that I moved my early gender scan at the Peek a Belly place up a week. You have to be at least 15 weeks and I'm going on the day my ticker changes to 15 weeks. Hope they can see baby's goods!!!

At any rate, that's all I've got for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment